EXCITEMENT! Today something super special has happened! My wonderful friend Erika from Bearika Rose has nominated me for the Liebster Award! At first I didn’t really know what this was, but after some internet trawling, I’ve discovered that the Liebster Award is an on-going award for bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Essentially, the award aims to give smaller, newer, younger blogs a bit more exposure and help readers (like you) discover such blogs (like me). I’m definitely still new to the blogosphere but I’m loving it so far and I’m so thankful to Erika for nominating me! Erika was one of my inspirations for starting this blog so I’m so glad that she’s enjoyed reading my posts as much as I’ve enjoyed writing them. Now to pass this award along!
The Rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you. (Done!)
- Write the rules and display the award. (Done-zo!)
- Answer 11 questions and write 11 of your own.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (with less than 200 followers) and don’t forget to let them know.
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
11 Questions from Erika:
1. How did you come upon the name of your blog?
I feel like this is the question every person comes across at some point in their life, whether it’s choosing a username, a title, or even naming your cat. Originally, when I was toying with the idea of starting this blog, I was just finishing up #100happydays on my Instagram and was getting a little nostalgic about soon not taking pictures every day so I first came up with the idea of a photo-oriented blog. Then, the more I thought about blogging and what blogging really is, I realized it’s sort of like writing letters and sending them to the entire world. As someone who originally aspired to be a creative writer, I definitely wanted to incorporate writing into my blog as well. So, ultimately, I combined the two concepts and creates Pixels (for photos) and Prints (for words). And alliteration because who doesn’t love some alliteration?
2. What’s your favorite number and why?
This is probably a really stupid reason, but my favorite number is 2 because I like things that come in pairs, it adds and multiples itself to the same number, it’s even, and it’s prime. I’m a nerd.
3. If you could pick a day to relive, what day would it be?
I’ve thought about this question for a while now and I think I’ve decided that I wouldn’t relive any day. I’ve enjoyed so many days in my life that it’s impossible to pick just one and it just makes me strive more to have even more exciting and wonderful days to come.
4. What do you think is your best piece of writing to date?
This is a toss-up between two completely different pieces. One is this short story I wrote a few years ago about a young kid growing up in a gang-controlled metropolitan jungle. It was a really fluid story that just seemed to flow out of me and fit. I haven’t been able to touch it since the new words don’t seem right. The other is an analytical essay about Freud’s Oedipus complex as seen in Murdoch’s A Severed Head. Yep, incest. My professor said it was the best paper he’d read since he started teaching. So apparently I’m good at writing about incest. Woo?
5. How do you wake up in the morning? Easily? With an alarm clock? In the afternoon?
Unfortunately, since I’ve entered the working world, I’ve become uncomfortably used to waking up at 6:45 every morning. Despite this, I am still not a morning person so don’t expect me to be civil before I’ve had a shower and brushed my teeth. During the school year, my sleep schedule tends to lean much closer to noon though. If only the workplace would let me work late and wake late, then I’d be living the dream.
6. What’s your favorite piece of clothing?
Oddly enough, it’s this patterned summer hi-lo dress (that I’m actually wearing in my picture up there on the right). It’s super comfy and easy to wear and looks cute no matter how ugly I’m feeling that day. Although I guess I should say my yoga pants are my favorite piece of clothing since I probably wear those more than anything else – whoops.
7. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
Ke$ha. Yes, judge away, Ke$ha is my inspiration and sings the songs of my life. So to choose a theme song: “We R Who We R”.
8. Advice to your younger self?
Don’t be mean to your mum! She’s the most lovely human ever and she’s not out to make your life miserable, I promise. Trust me, she’s going to be your best friend in a few years, so might as well jump start the process and become friends now!
9. You can eat for free at one restaurant for the rest of your life, what restaurant?
Oooooo, this is hard. In’n’out? Noah’s bagels? Chipotle? No, no, I think I’d have to pick Urth Cafe. Foodie haven, complete with coffee foam art.
10. What film are you most looking forward to seeing this summer?
Hands down, The Fault in Our Stars. It is easily one of my all-time favorite books and I have heard amazing things about the film that I simply can’t wait to see it. Buuuuut, I’m planning to wait until it’s out of theaters to watch it so that I won’t publicly humiliate myself with the amount of tears I shed during the movie.
11. Who do you need to thank more in your life?
My friends. I love them all so much and I’ve recently realized exactly how much they’ve helped me and supported me through some of the toughest times in my life. If you’re reading this, friends, I love you all and can’t thank you enough for being so awesome and incredible!
11 Questions from me:
- What’s one thing on your bucket list?
- If you could go to any country where would you go and why?
- Who’s your favorite superhero?
- Would you ever hitchhike and if so, where?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavour?
- If you could magically acquire any skill, what would it be?
- Nutella or peanut butter?
- What’s your weirdest expression or habit?
- Did you have any inspiration when you started your blog?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- You just won the lottery, what do you do?
11 Bloggers I Nominate:
Megan from Catty Fashion
Tricia from 50 Shades of Flavour (It’s my mum!)
…and unfortunately I haven’t been in the blogosphere long enough to know many more blogs that fit the category of this award. The ones I’ve listed are awesome though!
11 Facts about me:
- A few years ago, I taught myself ukulele. I’ve forgotten most of it now but I’m planning to pick it up again soon!
- I have two adorable, sassy cats who I’m casually obsessed with. (They’re both sleeping next to me as I blog this!)
- I watch an unhealthy amount of Foot Network TV and am obsessed with Chopped.
- As of recent, I’ve become very focused on fitness and I love working out but I can’t run more than 2 miles without sounding like I’m getting asphyxiated.
- Instead of collecting knick-knacks from different places, I tend to bring back postcards because they’re cheap and are still a good memory.
- I tend to spell and pronounce words the British way sometimes since I grew up thinking they were the normal, correct way due to my Irish mum.
- Unlike most 15-year-olds who cherish their luscious locks, I cut off all my hair and donated it to Locks of Love.
- I have never broken a bone or broken my phone.
- I have a permanently tilted knee cap due to a tight IT band in my left thigh, meaning I dislocate my knee on a regular basis.
- I am mildly lactose allergic, an unfortunate allergy I inherited from my mother that makes me either have a stomach ache or pass out after binging on ice cream.
- Annnnd I can’t whistle (yes, I’ve tried and every person and their mother has tried to teach me).
Wow that was long. Well, now that you know lots of random information about me, pass on this award to others! Or if you’re just a kind reader, then thanks for bearing with me through this mayhem of random facts. It’s like any award show where they don’t have timed speeches – the recipient just rambles on and on and on and… Anyway. Tell me about an interesting award you’ve won in the comments!